How to Change Home Page
How to Change Home Page Call 1-855-785-2511
Home is where it all begins. It’s where we get ourselves together to start the day. When it comes to Web browsers home also serves as a starting point, in this case for your browsing session. Whether it be designating your favorite website to be the opening page or configuring a particular event to take place at the outset, most Windows browsers provide the ability to specify what home means to you. The tutorials below detail how to Change Home Page values and startup behavior in several popular browsers.
Google Chrome Change Home Page
Google Chrome allows you to set a custom home page as well as toggle its related toolbar button off and on through the browser’s appearance settings. You can also specify what action Chrome takes each time it starts up.
- Click on the main menu button, represented by three horizontal lines and located in the upper right-hand corner of the browser window. When the drop-down menu appears, click on Settings.
- Chrome’s Settings interface should now be visible in a new tab. towards the top and highlighted in this example screenshot is the one startup section, containing the following options.
- Open the New Tab page: Chrome’s New Tab page contains shortcuts and thumbnail images for your most frequently visited pages as well as a Google search bar.
Continue where you left off: Restores your previous browsing session, loading all tabs and windows that were open the last time you used Chrome.
Open a specific page or set of pages: Renders whatever page or pages are currently set as Chrome’s home page (see below).
- Located under these settings is the Appearance section. Click on the box accompanying the Show Home button option if it does not already contain a check mark.
- Right below this option should be the Web address of the current home page. Click on the Change link, located next to the URL.
- The Home page dialog should now be displayed, containing the following two options.
Use the New Tab page: Uses Chrome’s New Tab page as your home page.
Open this page: Sets the browser’s home page to whatever URL is entered in the field provided.